More on Anon..

Was the BBC’s documentary on  Anonymous from my last post too long for you? Well, fret no longer!

I will post comprehensive links and videos to give you a better picture of what Anonymous is, and their history (without having to watch an hour long film).

HABBO Hotel: First major hack from Anonymous

Let’s start off with a simple timeline from Wikipedia (I know, it’s not the most credible source, but hey it’s not like we’re writing a research paper or anything).

If you’re looking for something a little more credible then you can look here (the timeline stops at 2012).

You might have noticed the involvement of the FBI in some of their activities, which have lead to the arrest of some Anonymous members. From the documentary, it seems that those who were arrested don’t regret their decision, just the way they went about it. To help their community members Anonymous has a legal handbook that details what charges they could face for their activities. Take a look at it because I think you would find it interesting.

Next, let’s go onto some current events:

Anonymous and Israel

Anonymous is targeting the Israeli government for “bombing, killing and kidnapping of the Palestinian people.” They plan to create an “electronic Holocaust” by erasing the government from the cyberspace (this means taking down servers, government sites, banks, etc). While their cause has good intentions, what do you think about their approach? If Anonymous was somehow tracking my blog, what advice would you give them (or how would you proceed)?

Tell me in the comments below, and I’ll see you next time!